Thursday, February 4, 2010

The plan

These things I am sure will not bring me happiness in themselves, not like candy does to a child, but I think to be sound in mind, body and spirit I must lay down foundations in my life to be stable in as many ways as possible to support my mental wellbeing.

I am currently completing a Cert 3 in childrens services (yes thats right I willingly want to spend my waking hours with children who arent mine). In about a year when I complete that I will continue on to do a diploma.

In may I will start a nannying job that I am quite looking forward to which will keep me busy 2 days a week for 1-2 years.

Yesterday I went to a job interview at a clerical job and I have a trial to attend for that on Monday, which if I get it will give me 8hrs work a week minumum.

The plan is to buckle down on my course (which is done through distance) while I'm only doing the clerical job (since it is only 1 day a week) and get as much of that done as possible before starting the nannying job in May. Ideally I would like to finish the Cert 3 and be doing the diploma by May but at this stage it doesnt look like that will happen, but I can always try.

While continuing my education and earning money I plan on adding to my savings for a car and using driving lessons to hopefully retain a licence.

I suppose in this search for happiness is also a young girl in a search for independance.

I just wish to be like the others, to be like the friends I used to attend school with, who now have jobs that keep them busy most nights, cars, licences and are waiting to start university.

No comments:

Post a Comment