Friday, February 5, 2010

As a teenage girl in todays world...

My time is taken up by things like myspace, facebook, finding the perfect fake tan lotion, boys boys boy boys and boys...getting the right shade of foundation that doesnt make me look like a pale freak but doesnt turn me into an orange oompa loompa (come on girls ur not fooling ANYONE ...it doesnt make u look tanned it makes u look like ur foundation is too dark FULL STOP). Somewhere in there concerns cross my mind like finding a career path...eh....small tiny little thing in this materialistic world...infact I would say that 99/100 people I know are not following careers because they seek knowledge or have an interest in the field but so that they can earn the money they need so badly to pay for the lifestyles they long for.

I'm one of those girls who live in jeans, and I do love to dress up and go out but through the day I'm quite plain. Yes I have discovered that I am a PLAIN JANE because in the morning things like accessories don't even cross my mind, infact my thought pattern is more like "shit...where are the dark coloured jeans ...are they in the ironing?" I chuck them on, a shirt and I always wear flip flops. Then I go somewhere and meet friends and they are in cute little dresses or skirts with their ballet flats and knecklaces with their bangles...it is at that point I wish I could go home and spend more time actually making an effort.

Let me add though that I own (literally) about 20 pairs of heels... and I have an AMAZING collection of designer dresses and party dresses. I dont have day clothes that are dressy, its either one extreme or the other with me.

Girls who wear heels EVERYWHERE are insane but I have to give them credit...I would do it if I could. I go alright in heels I must say but I couldnt walk all day in them...heels make everything look better...almost any outfit goes from plain to OOO LA LA with a pair of heels.

I always make a bit of a new years resolution to be a bit more girly and make more of an effort, I love make-up, I always wear make-up...I ENJOY make-up and own too much of it (I have soo many products still unopened) that is not an issue...its more that I dont wear jewellery and for me an outfit involves something to wear on the bottom and on the top ie jeans and a top, skirt and a top, jeans and a singlet. I never go into waist belts or earings or even shoes.

See the thing that is spurring these thoughts is that I am hopefully going to be heading out tonight and hitting the clubs in which I will spend hours prior to going doing my make-up and hair and I will wear heels and a little dress and all my friends look at me with a face of shock and at that point I realise its because of the two extremes, plain jane and party girl. I'm always worried that if I meet a guy at a club that if we do meet up later through the day they wont find me attractive anymore. Then again first impressions are everything, and if they are worth my time they wont be worried about the lack of a necklace.

Then again we live in a superficial materialistic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment