Saturday, February 6, 2010

Last Night

Last night I did not go clubbing. In short it was all just too hard in the end, trying to figure out who was out and how to get home or somewhere to stay, alot of friends were heading out tonight instead of last night.

Instead, so that I wasnt sitting at home moping about the fact I wasnt out that night, I went to a friends house and helped him repaint his entire room. It was a fun night, not that it probably meant much to him, but it meant alot to me. He thought I was helping him but really he was helping me. Painting his room gave me something constructive to do and there arent alot of people I dont get bored of but I dont get bored of him, maybe its his ability to sing mariah carey and know all the words or his lack of shame in the whole matter.

I know how much little things can mean to me so I always live my life by the same principal, that the small act of kindness that I do now might mean the world to someone in the future even if it meant nothing to me. It doesnt take much to be kind, to make an effort to even just say hello. You never know when that person might be contemplating how much they are worth and having inner arguments with themselves that everyone infact hates them and they have no one who cares. The simple "hello" could mean the world.

I try to take the time to tell people how much they mean to me. I wish it were easier though. Sometimes the "you mean so much to me" speech doesnt come across just how you mean it to.

1 comment:

  1. thats pretty cool. ivenever met a girl that would go and paint my room. I wouldnt ask, but just think its cool that you did that.
    I know what you about the speach at the end here. everyone says thank you and such so much thank it doesnt mean anything.
    I like me because im a smartass and only say thnx when I mean it. Just last week comming into a building behind a guy, he turns and said gees no thank you for holding the door for ya"
    No, but Id have called you dick if you closed , knowing I right behind you :)
    I guess he was having a bad day, up to that point, but laughed and said good point.
    A smile always is infectous :D

    I hope you stay safe wen you go clubbing Ms B

    ReplyDelete