Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The many uses of the Internet

If you are reading this its safe to assume you have the internet. So you already pay for the internet. I always ponder as I go about my day different things about the world we live in and one that pops up into my head constantly is the extensive uses of the internet. The way it opens us up to so many differnt things and with it, nomatter what we do...a single living person can never ever reach its full capacity and use everything it has to offer.

To save money, instead of buying magazines the internet is full of interesting articles and pictures. There are many websites dedicated to updating you on the most current celebrity news, others dedicating to giving advice on dating. Everything such as "real life stories" "quizes" "confessions" can all be found online. Not to mention that nowadays most mainstream magazines have their own websites where they put up most of their articles.

Instead of looking to buy a new book sign up to have installments of one writen by an aspiring writer sent to your email account.

Instead of buying books look up "how to...." on google. Yes my next most important point. Google it. I google everything. Looking for a new hobby? Have a question you've been too embarressed to ask anyone? Learn something new by watching tutorials on youtube.

I was inspired today when looking through the magazine racks of my local newsagent. "How to make wire jewellery" WOW. That is so cool. AU$12.95. And it was about 20 pages. Hmm. Then it occured to me, why dont I jsut google it? "How to make wire jewellery" "How to make a patchwork quilt" "paper craft designs" "scrapbooking for beginners".

Its a very simple concept, but even I myself sometimes forget the many uses of the internet.

2 comments: