Friday, March 12, 2010

Starting New Job and another job offer!

Wow, I've gone from having nothing to having 3 jobs on the table in a matter of a couple of months. I have the clerical job now confirmed to be starting on Monday (sooo happy about that) then in May I have the nannying job starting. Ontop of all of this I got a phone call about another clerical job which is mine if I want it. Its a much more serious job than the others, in the respect that on a resume it would look more impressive.

The job would be doing clerical work in a doctors office in a private practise joint to the hospital. If I take this job I want to volunteer in the kids room at the hospital. Doing the volunteer work would give me a good reference for working with children, experience and an impressive background if I apply for a job in a child care centre. But of course importantly it will give me something to do where I am helping the community and giving something back to the world. At the same time the actual job itself is apparently well paid and as I said, impressive to put on a resume.

Problem is, the original clerical job it meant to be Mondays and Tuesday, the Nannying job Thursdays and Fridays. The new clerical job is also supposed to be Mondays and tuesdays.

I don't know what I want to do because on one hand the origanl clerical work was focusing on website databiasing and photography with some clerical, whereas the the new one is full on clerical side, filing paperwork etc. So do I go for the money and the security or the job that I'd prefer doing more?

I think thats a question people ask themselves for most of their lives.

1 comment:

  1. tough call but it sounds like the medical office is better because talked more about the kids, community and helping people oh and the pay and reference is better. I would go for that because as the years go by more n more people will need medical assistants in one form or another and your job may be just filing and boring but its secure. Whereas the website thing is more enjoyable to you, computers and such are constantly updating so in 10 years you'll have to go back to school and relearn the new ways at the same time when thousands of students fresh from university are all looking to get carreers in that field.

    And the doctors office is a step in with your nanny job because you said that about the kids, and the more experience you have with them looks great.

    I wish you the best of luck in your desision

    ReplyDelete