Monday, March 8, 2010

A note I left myself whilst drunk.....

"You are responsible for your own actions - deal with your drinking problem"

Clearly I am an intelligent drunk, even my drunk self is concerned for me.

The question I have been pondering the answer to lately is, when is it too much. Where do you draw the line between having a few too many and having a problem.

I quite simply have labeled myself as having a problem because I have been having cravings for alcohol. Its not a huge problem, I have been ignoring these cravings. It would be a big problem if the cravings were so strong that I went and got a drink every time. Growing up I always thought alcohol was pretty much PURE EVIL and wouldnt touch it. Now I drink it a lot, but I don't tend to let myself get out of control drunk, in fact I genuinely like the taste. I drink VERY often but when I do drink I only have 3-4 drinks. When I compare that to my peers I really dont know what to think. As most of my peers drink far less frequently but the quantity of what they drink in one night for some of them beats what I drink in a week.

Or maybe I should just listen to the note I wrote myself and take my own advice.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is-Excess of everything is bad! Age old saying but true as ever :)

    ReplyDelete