Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hi John, Im going to respond here :)

I'm going to reply to your comment in a new post because it touches on another issue I wanted to talk about.

John Said...

"I think its strange that while in the relationship that you didnt feel any of the happy clicks of companionship, yet once it ended you felt the pain.
I wish I could say something helpful, but ive been alone so long that I feel a comfort in being so.

It took awhile for me to learn an understand what 40kg is, but I have finally, From what I understand, if your like 5 feet tall, then that could be really thin. Some guys find that very attractive. I dont recall you saying that youve been sick this year, so your health seems fine. Fat people get colds often. I think a plus of being underweight is that its much easier to gain muscle.

Anyways, Stay strong, and in time a better man will come along.
"

Firstly on the relationship topic, yes the pain I felt mde me wonder if I had felt more than I initially thought.

Now about my weight, yes I am around 5ft tall which makes 40kgs super skinny but only bordering on sickly skinny (to look at). Some guys find it as an attractive quality but most will compliment on other things and then later on down the track say that I need to put a bit of weight on. Usually along the lines of "Your gorgeous but it wouldn't hurt to put a couple of kilos on" which is completely true! I do need to. The WORRYING part about being this skinny is the compliments I get from other girls. Some strangers will even stop me in bars and clubs and point out to their friends how "amazingly skinny" I am and continue with something like "Gee I wish I could be that skinny". It is so very wrong!!! I always tell these girls how I am actually underweight and not in a healthy weight range and have complications because of it because I hate to think of myself as some sort of skinny role model for the girls who think they are fat.


So the guys don't see it as a fantastic asset but the girls do. And who are us girls trying to impress? I always argue with friends that alot of the clothes we wear don't appeal to guys but to girls. Lets face it, some of the fashion trends just arent flattering *cough cough* herem pants.

3 comments:

  1. I think its more the relationship than the man himself that hurt most for you. If you truely loved him, i think you would have told us more about him. But maybe thats just me, I get in more trouble for blogging about things I shouldnt share. It seems you enjoy the company more then that person, which is why once it ended you felt the loss. Some people need others and cant cope with being alone.

    About body image, That has always confused me a little. Men suck and you can never make them happy. I dont think I often say, your great but need to change this or that. I tend to be brutally honest and opinionated, or I wont respond with a lie. Fashions are my favorite , but again confuse me because some girls dress to impress whereas others get rude an angry when because people are looking at them.

    I just wish there were a way to brainwash people to ignore the negitive thoughts about themselves.
    The trick is to become comfortable with oneself.
    But then who am I to say anything, I think im fat and freakish looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...But I really wish everyone would just dress for themselves. The world would be a much more colourful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah but realistically, girls do not dress to impress men, they dress to impress other girls. Or they dress for themselves. It's the other women I think who drive this need to be skinny, not male opinions...

    ReplyDelete